Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hillary: Lose-Lose

That's how Tish Durkin assesses her chances. Writing as Hillary, she says:

Come to think of it, my reputation in some parts as Pure Evil in a Pantsuit may do me nothing but good: If the American heartland is anything like upstate New York—or, please God, the national-level Republicans in 2008 are anything like the New York State ones in 2000, and limit their entire message to the premise that I am one scary bitch—I will get major points just for not spitting fire. And anyway, if I don’t run, what will I do? Stew in the tepid juices of junior minority membership in the Senate? (Which, safely assuming my re-election in ’06, I’ll be perfectly free to do if I run for the White House and lose.)

Pure Evil in a Pantsuit? :) You think Ms Durkin reads Lucianne, where Hillary is commonly referred to as PIAPS (Pig in a Pantsuit)?

I do think she'll get the nomination, if only because her argument is that she has the same last name as the only Democrat to win a presidential election since 1976.

5 Comments:

Blogger DANEgerus said...

I'm still likin' "Her Royal C"

(sorry gals)

March 10, 2005 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Captain USpace said...

Ya gotta love the PIAPS!

if you're MAD
punish your country
- VOTE for Hillary
.

June 24, 2007 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Retro 80s Blogmaster said...

How many of our male presidens had military experience? Look it up.

Before you criticize Hilary for never having worn a uniform, look at the true facts. Many of our presidents never wore a uniform, including John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Taft, Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Bill Clinton.

Some great leaders, I would say. Military service is a non-issue.

-Daniel

October 21, 2007 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger GS Davis said...

I'm neither a Republican or Democrat, but I can't stand Hillary. Many people say that if Hillary gets the nod, it'll energize the Republicans. I think it'll energize us in the middle as well.

She won't unite America, she'll divide it. In the most recent debate against Obama, she touted the economy of the Clinton years, as if a vote for her was a return to the 1990s. We'll it's a whole different world now. And just because Bill had low gas prices, the essential birth of the consumer Internet, the cell phone boom, and low interest rates--despite the largest tax rise in peacetime American history, doesn't mean we'll return if we vote yet another Clinton into the White House.

I'm saying we need someone in there who doesn't belittle the intelligence of the American people. Her and her husband don't think honest means anything to us. "I won't use this Senate seat as a springboard to the White House, I didn't inhale, I didn't have sexual relations with that woman, that depends on what your definition of is is."

This Independent voter hates the idea of another Clinton. I'd vote for any of the other candidates before I'd vote for her. In fact, I doubt you could pay me to vote for her.

February 1, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger GS Davis said...

Hillary is the only one who has lost my vote. I'm a middle of the road Independent, who has leaned to the right because of moral issues and my desire to have conservative Supreme Court Justices, but I'm upset with the economy and the never ending war.

I was likely to vote Democratic this year, but I refuse to vote for Hillary. She is the most dishonest of all the candidates. If she wins the nod, I'll vote for whoever is running against her, even if that is McCain, who I'm not a fan of.

February 12, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home