Thursday, March 17, 2005

Hillary: Nothing to Fear

That's Eric Fettman's assessment of the Republican's chances of knocking her off with Governor Pataki in 2006 as a preemptive strike against her 2008 presidential campaign.

Hillary Clinton is in great political shape — and has been ever since she took office.

After all, running as a rookie, she won by a solid 12 points; her 55 percent of the vote equaled the total won by the famously popular Daniel Patrick Moynihan in his last election.

Plus, no New York Democrat has ever been defeated for re-election to the U.S. Senate since direct elections for the office began in 1913.


I think he's right there. But Rush points out that the Republicans don't have anything to fear from her in 2008, either.

The important thing is to get these judges confirmed. Stop thinking about Hillary. I'm not concerned what she does. I'm not sitting here afraid of what she will or won't do. Doesn't matter to me. I don't think any of the rest of you ought to be afraid of Hillary Clinton. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God, Rush! Hillary!" I don't care. I don't care, folks. I am not afraid of Mrs. Clinton and I don't think it's wise for anybody else to be. We're trying to get these judges confirmed. We're trying to move an agenda here. There's no question. We're trying -- you know, these people have lost elections. They don't have the right to act as the majority on these matters, and if they want to try to use their filibuster as a minority veto, then there's reaction to that.

Hat Tip: Kitty

3 Comments:

Blogger DANEgerus said...

Can you get your hands on the MoveOn.org hate-fest?

I just heard the tape on Hughhewitt and the Hildabeast totally went off the deep end...

Quotes-Quotes-Quotes...

Please help me find and fisk it

March 17, 2005 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I've e-mailed Trey Jackson at Jackson's Junction. He posts great video clips and I thought he might know where to find something on this.

March 18, 2005 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I've e-mailed Trey Jackson at Jackson's Junction. He posts great video clips and I thought he might know where to find something on this.

March 18, 2005 at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home